Friday, May 20, 2011

The truth is, everyone's changing everyday.

You say you wander your own land
But when I think about it
I don't see how you can

You're aching, you're breaking
And I can see the pain in your eyes
Says everybody's changing
And I don't know why

So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move just to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same

You're gone from here
Soon you will disappear
Fading into beautiful light
'Cause everybody's changing
And I don't feel right

"You don't realise how much you've changed until you realise how different other people treats you."

I was impelled to ponder over the possibility that maybe, I really changed. And I don't know why but I don't settle well with it. Maybe that's because somewhere deep down I know if really I did, the implications would be hard to swallow. It's hard to part with who I used to be. By that, I meant just a year or two ago. No words can express the how lost I felt today, but thankfully it was just for that fraction of a second -maybe minutes- and I got a grip on myself. I know I'm alright, and I'm gonna survive!

You know, there's nothing wrong with honesty, really. True friends with genuine advice and concern is far more valuable than a hypocritical cajoler. I think we are all trying not to fall into the latter category.

So hey, thanks. :)

"Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful."
Proverbs 27:6

No comments:

Post a Comment