Friday, May 6, 2011

Life Is Short.

Sometimes when you're young, you think nothing can hurt you. It's like being invincible. Your whole life is ahead of you, and you have big plans. Big plans. To find your perfect match. The one that completes you. But as you get older, you realize it's not always that easy. It's not until the end of your life that you realize how the plans you made were simply plans. At the end, when you're looking back instead of forward, you want to believe that you made the most of what life gave you. You want to believe that you're leaving something good behind. You want it all to have mattered.

I've always been mindful to thank God for everything, including this family. But sometimes the question bugging at the back of my mind is, is there more than it meets the eye? What am I supposed to do? If anything, I hate being placed in a dilemma.. having to choose between what I want to do and what should be the right thing to do. But witnessing these events occurring time and again through the years, I'm left with no more excuses. I'm so sick of it. All of it.

But life is short, and I don't want to waste my days worrying. I shouldn't have to. My dearest God above have it all under control.





"The prevailing idea seems to be, that I come to God and ask Him for something
that I want, and that I expect Him to give me that which I have asked. But this
is a most dishonouring and degrading conception.
The popular belief reduces God
to a servant, our servant: doing our bidding, performing our pleasure, granting
our desires. No, prayer is a coming to God, telling Him my need, committing my
way unto the Lord, and leaving Him to deal with it as seemeth Him best."


Once again, my heart cries out "how long?"

ANYWAY. Moving on to more light-hearted things, I'm gonna finish watching One Tree Hill soon and I'm reallyyyyy overwhelmed by the development of the plot through all 8 seasons. LOVE IT. Sigh, but kinda don't wanna it to come to an end. :( Haha, I think it's officially my favourite television series BESIDES FRIENDS.   Awwwww really, I love Nathan and Haley, Julian and Brooke, Quinn and Clay in the show!! Sometimes I feel so caught up in the show I force myself to stop watching altogether haha. If only Jake Jagielski, Lucas and Peyton would return for season 9. But it's highly unlikely I'll get to see Bryan Greenberg return as Jake. It's been 5 seasons without him. Oh well. :( Yep so anyway I'm guessing there will be a final season 9 but rumour has it the story line's gonna be eeky. I really hope NOT. :{ I'll be looking forward to a GREAT One Tree Hill season 9 yeahhh!

PS, I love how Austin Nichols and Sophia Bush are together in real life. Sweet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment