Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I BLEED RED, LIVERPOOL RED.
























And all I want to do now is to go back and actually watch the Champions League Finals between Liverpool and A.C. Milan, when I was 11.

Yesterday I blogged on tumblr, with much heartfelt thoughts, about Liverpool and all the players who were once in the club, thinking that will make me feel better. Turns out it only makes me miss the whole experience all over again. Hahaha maybe that's because I've been so deprived of my weekly dose of soccer matces..

Yeah truth be told, knowing of how much Xabi still loves -and always had- Liverpool makes his presence all the more missed :( But I respect him for such love and loyalty, it's just heartwarming! And today, I thought of Fernando Torres and can't help but to feel deranged all over again. Haha, honestly, I think there will always be a part of me that can't let him go(from LFC). I'm not gonna bother about the critcis, and just constantly remind myself of his contributions to Liverpool and how commendable his achievements are. BUT STILL. SIGH

Torres gave an interview, telling of his favourite game watched. And guess what? It was the Champions League Finals played between Liverpool and AC Milan in 2005. Torres wasn't even in the club yet.







When Liverpool travelled to Istanbul in 2005 for the Champions League Final,
after securing their place due to the fabled phantom goal against Chelsea, no
one expected the dramatic game that followed.

The English side succumbed
to a powerful first-half performance. It took only a minute for AC Milan to take
the lead, courtesy of Paulo Maldini. Then a Hernan Crespo brace before the break
seemingly put the game beyond reach for the Liverpool outfit.

But the
side pulled off one of football's most memorable comebacks, with Steven Gerrard
rallying the side with a goal in the 54th minute. The strike started a
seven-minute comeback which saw Vladimir Smicer find the net before Xabi Alonso
equalised from the penalty spot in the 59th minute.

The nail-biting
encounter then remained goalless and it went to a penalty shoot-out to decide
the winner, which the club he would later join won 3-2.

“The Champions
League Final, seven years ago, Liverpool against AC Milan, is what football is
all about,” says Torres.

“All that passion and it showed how one team
can come back from 3-0 down at half-time and win the game. It's was a very
important match, not just for the teams involved but for the fans also. That
game is a good highlight of what football means,” adds the Spaniard.


I guess what I'm trying to say is, I still believe LFC holds a special place in his heart despite what everyone else say! Okay. Haha time to move on, I've got more important things at hand right now! >:{

No comments:

Post a Comment